Thursday, February 08, 2007

What does Ramadan mean to me?

(A post from last Ramadan)

Back in the day, I used to look forward to Ramadan and on the day of moon sighting, I used to wait in the masjid or in my room and make duaa.

I used to make sure I had special arrangements for Maghrib prayer before the moon sighting, just in case it turned out to be Ramadan, then this maghrib prayer would have been the first prayer in Ramadan. Similarly, I would spend the last few hours of Ramadan alone and make duaa. During those moments I really felt the true meaning of the Prophet's (SAW) saying: "Should my people learn what Ramadan truely is, they would wish that the whole year is Ramadan."

I missed this feeling for few years but this year I can't wait for Ramadan.......Allahom Balleghna Ramadan "O Allah, help us make it to Ramadan"

No comments: