Thursday, August 18, 2005

Drive ins are fun

So every week I receive few emails from CAMP. For those of you who don't know what CAMP stands for, it is the Council of Muslim American Professionals. I always thought that these guys plan fun events. I always wanted to go but for some reason I didn't, which made me feel like a loser. Then I received an email about a drive in movie night with Biryani. I don't like Biryani and can't stand spicy food but a drive in sounds like a lot of fun. The CAMP people were so nice and I had such a great time. We had our chairs and we sat in the open air outside the cars. We could talk without disturbing anyone and we could move around freely. It was beautiful that day. Although it was my first time, but I found something I was missing, community. What is better than hanging out with fellow Muslims not worrying about being judged.

No comments: